If you are just starting out with Microsoft’s Business Analytics Service, the Power BI Documentation page will give you all the help you need to use this product effectively and to the best of its abilities. The documentation page has details on all the tools and features of Power BI and is designed to cover the needs of the absolute beginners to the advanced users.
The information is divided into six sections, and you can take your pick based on how you intend to use the service and in what capacity. You will find Power BI documentation:
- For consumers: Think of this as an introduction to what Power BI can do for you if you use reports and dashboards generated by using the tool. You will get all the basic information you need along with samples that will make it easier to use the offerings of the product.
- For admins: As the admin, you will be in charge of the data policies and processes for Power BI users. This section will help you to learn the ropes and meet critical goals while assisting the other users to fully realize and utilize the potential of Power BI.
- For report generators: If you use the tools and resources of Power BI for creating dashboards, reports and queries, this section will introduce you to the features of the service and show you how to transform, shape and share your data with others.
- For developers: If you want to use Power BI content, including custom visuals in applications, this section offers the instructions you will need. You can get details on how to embed relevant data in the app, not just for your organization but also for your customers.
- The blog: Latest news, information on updates, expert articles, discussion of how best to use the features of Power BI and much more, the blog on the documentation page has this and more.
- For guided learning: This is the last section on the page, and it’s here that you can take the first step to learning and using Power BI.